Hackers League

The Deadest
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Does this site exist anymore? o3o

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Infidel
Composer
Composer
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 533
Age : 25
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 am

I think the main reason AIM is more popular is because it notifies you when there's a response. You can look at the bottom corner of your screen and see what people are saying. If it interests you, you open it and respond. If it doesn't interest you, just ignore it. With the CB you have to tab in and check, and half the time what's going on doesn't pertain to you, so you don't feel as much of a need to check in again later. So it just kinda sits there and no one really wants to use it. AIM is also easier to multitask with. It's just easier all around, in my opion.


Also, a bit off topic, but. I understand why people keymash on the CB; to keep yourself from being away and being disconnected. But there is /no/ reason for it on AIM. It just adds spam and really annoys me. There's no point whatsoever. :/
I understand if it's one of those "skgjdfkh I'm angry" keymashes, but it usually isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
tbeysquirrel
Ninja
Ninja
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 794
Age : 24
Place you are be : Anywhere but here
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 am




I'll just leave this here
Back to top Go down
Din Viesel
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 779
Age : 25
Place you are be : IT'S A PLACE SOMEWHERE IDK I THINK IT HAS A ROOF MAYBE
Warnings :
69 / 10069 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: WAIT WAIT WAIT CAN I HAVE MY CHEAT SHEET I MEAN LIKE MAN I DIDN'T STUDY

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 am

Snivy wrote:



I'll just leave this here

I FIND THIS TO BE FAIRLY ACCURATE
Back to top Go down
Din Viesel
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 779
Age : 25
Place you are be : IT'S A PLACE SOMEWHERE IDK I THINK IT HAS A ROOF MAYBE
Warnings :
69 / 10069 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: WAIT WAIT WAIT CAN I HAVE MY CHEAT SHEET I MEAN LIKE MAN I DIDN'T STUDY

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:05 am

ALSO
usually i keyboard mash on aim to remind people that i'm there, lol
because when no one posts, people think everyone left
so i either keymash or post something like "i live"
and then everyone's usually like O HEY THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE HERE
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 953
Age : 24
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:55 am

HEY I'M NOT ALWAYS AWAY
Back to top Go down
LightSpeed
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 432
Age : 26
Place you are be : West Seneca
Warnings :
7 / 1007 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:12 am

Snivy wrote:



I'll just leave this here
If the converations are so uninteresting, why are you complaining about nobody being on? If you really think that is accurate, I don't understand what your greivance with nobody being on is.
Back to top Go down
tbeysquirrel
Ninja
Ninja
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 794
Age : 24
Place you are be : Anywhere but here
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:43 am

Tamera Lowry wrote:
Snivy wrote:



I'll just leave this here
If the converations are so uninteresting, why are you complaining about nobody being on? If you really think that is accurate, I don't understand what your greivance with nobody being on is.

First off it's not really a complaint, rather, what I see pretty often. And the reason I would come on at all is because of that little blue slice, right there.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 488
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am

you guys dont even have me added on aim

and skype is superior
Back to top Go down
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Age : 25
Place you are be : BEHIND YOU
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:36 pm

i actually didn't know you had an aim owch

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote :
I once saw a truck that said "Reefer Services," which made me wonder just what that truck was delivering.
Later I found out that it meant the truck was refrigerated.




Back to top Go down
http://limitbreakleague.freehostia.com
Infidel
Composer
Composer
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 533
Age : 25
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

furry wrote:
i actually didn't know you had an aim owch

This.
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
Din Viesel
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 779
Age : 25
Place you are be : IT'S A PLACE SOMEWHERE IDK I THINK IT HAS A ROOF MAYBE
Warnings :
69 / 10069 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: WAIT WAIT WAIT CAN I HAVE MY CHEAT SHEET I MEAN LIKE MAN I DIDN'T STUDY

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 am

hoodsie wrote:
HEY I'M NOT ALWAYS AWAY

YOU LIE
HOODS IS A LYING LIAR WHO TELLS LIE-ISH LIES

LIAR

>:(
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2080
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 am

Ace wrote:
furry wrote:
i actually didn't know you had an aim owch

This.

this this

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 953
Age : 24
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:22 am

Tamera Lowry wrote:
Snivy wrote:



I'll just leave this here
If the converations are so uninteresting, why are you complaining about nobody being on? If you really think that is accurate, I don't understand what your greivance with nobody being on is.

Its not her complaining about no one being on its her complaining about what happens when she's on.

Not to mention other people agree.


Last edited by hoodsie on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
figus maximus
Poh
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 953
Age : 24
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Blobfish

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 am

i have bal on msn owch
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2080
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:33 am

well, i don't know, that stuff happens on AIM as well, no? there have been times where i can't relate, or there's not much going. if i want to talk to you guys i just start talking about what i want to talk about, & if people join in they join in. i sort of go off on my own thing, you guys have seen me textwall about my day or whatever. idklol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 488
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 am

ill reinstall AIM i guess
Back to top Go down
FUCKBAD
Admininator
Admininator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2080
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character:

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 am

you could use meebo?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1530
Age : 24
Place you are be : in the middle of nowhere
Warnings :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-18

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 69

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 am

BlackBelt Dolphin wrote:
well, i don't know, that stuff happens on AIM as well, no? there have been times where i can't relate, or there's not much going. if i want to talk to you guys i just start talking about what i want to talk about, & if people join in they join in. i sort of go off on my own thing, you guys have seen me textwall about my day or whatever. idklol
Ah, yes, but on AIM we aren't forced to be a part of the convo to stay there - on the CB we have to keep keyboard mashing to survive, so it requires some work when the convo doesn't appeal to you. On AIM you can just sit back and do other stuff 'til the conversation is something you can relate to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bored.com
tbeysquirrel
Ninja
Ninja
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 794
Age : 24
Place you are be : Anywhere but here
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

Oozing Anus wrote:
BlackBelt Dolphin wrote:
well, i don't know, that stuff happens on AIM as well, no? there have been times where i can't relate, or there's not much going. if i want to talk to you guys i just start talking about what i want to talk about, & if people join in they join in. i sort of go off on my own thing, you guys have seen me textwall about my day or whatever. idklol
Ah, yes, but on AIM we aren't forced to be a part of the convo to stay there - on the CB we have to keep keyboard mashing to survive, so it requires some work when the convo doesn't appeal to you. On AIM you can just sit back and do other stuff 'til the conversation is something you can relate to.

I disagree, AIM forces me too much. I keep my taskbar hidden, so whenever I get an AIM it pops up and the tab starts flashing orange and going "HEY YOU LOOK THE FUCK OVER HERE!" Of course, I don't mind that happening when I'm actually participating in a conversation, because then I to know if they reply. But when I'm not interested (which is so very often), it keeps fucking popping up and distracting me, and I can't close the tab because it'll reopen whenever someone posts. It eventually became one of my biggest pet peeves which is why I blocked Crocogator. And no, I don't want to change my settings to not do that because I want to keep track of the conversations I'm actually participating in.

I also dislike how everyone has the same-colored font on AIM. But that may not be you guys.

But despite this, I'm very content with AIM. It's the unwanted shit that bothers me. I'll be happy to talk to anyone, one-on-one or maybe with 3 people, like Dan, Hoods, and I did once. It was the best and longest-lasting conversations I've had with more than one HL person at a time in a long time.

With HL, if again the conversation doesn't interest me, I can just go "Oh here, I'll switch the tab and check to see if anything changed. Nope. -keymashes-". It's also more of a choice on here. You can enter and exit as you please. AIM forces it on you, with those stupid notifications, and you can't close it without losing track of your other conversations.

I mean, god forbid you take two seconds to click a tab and check, maybe stay alive a little? I can understand if there's computer issues or you forget but really.. idklol
Back to top Go down
Infidel
Composer
Composer
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 533
Age : 25
Place you are be : WildKat Cafè
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-11

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: Lulwhut.

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 am

But if I'm watching a movie, or playing a game (and when am I not?) I absolutely do not want to tab over and check what people are saying; it interrupts the flow of what I'm doing. Continually pausing a movie or tabbing out of a game is really annoying. With AIM, there's none of that. I just imbed the chat window in whatever it is I'm doing and go. CB can't do that. I personally hope to never have to use the CB again.
To each their own, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://lfgcomic.com
Arcade
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Age : 25
Place you are be : BEHIND YOU
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 am

Snivy wrote:

I disagree, AIM forces me too much. I keep my taskbar hidden, so whenever I get an AIM it pops up and the tab starts flashing orange and going "HEY YOU LOOK THE FUCK OVER HERE!" Of course, I don't mind that happening when I'm actually participating in a conversation, because then I to know if they reply. But when I'm not interested (which is so very often), it keeps fucking popping up and distracting me, and I can't close the tab because it'll reopen whenever someone posts. It eventually became one of my biggest pet peeves which is why I blocked Crocogator. And no, I don't want to change my settings to not do that because I want to keep track of the conversations I'm actually participating in.

this

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote :
I once saw a truck that said "Reefer Services," which made me wonder just what that truck was delivering.
Later I found out that it meant the truck was refrigerated.




Back to top Go down
http://limitbreakleague.freehostia.com
Oozing Anus
Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 1530
Age : 24
Place you are be : in the middle of nowhere
Warnings :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-18

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 69

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Snivy wrote:
Oozing Anus wrote:
BlackBelt Dolphin wrote:
well, i don't know, that stuff happens on AIM as well, no? there have been times where i can't relate, or there's not much going. if i want to talk to you guys i just start talking about what i want to talk about, & if people join in they join in. i sort of go off on my own thing, you guys have seen me textwall about my day or whatever. idklol
Ah, yes, but on AIM we aren't forced to be a part of the convo to stay there - on the CB we have to keep keyboard mashing to survive, so it requires some work when the convo doesn't appeal to you. On AIM you can just sit back and do other stuff 'til the conversation is something you can relate to.

I disagree, AIM forces me too much. I keep my taskbar hidden, so whenever I get an AIM it pops up and the tab starts flashing orange and going "HEY YOU LOOK THE FUCK OVER HERE!" Of course, I don't mind that happening when I'm actually participating in a conversation, because then I to know if they reply. But when I'm not interested (which is so very often), it keeps fucking popping up and distracting me, and I can't close the tab because it'll reopen whenever someone posts. It eventually became one of my biggest pet peeves which is why I blocked Crocogator. And no, I don't want to change my settings to not do that because I want to keep track of the conversations I'm actually participating in.

I also dislike how everyone has the same-colored font on AIM. But that may not be you guys.

But despite this, I'm very content with AIM. It's the unwanted shit that bothers me. I'll be happy to talk to anyone, one-on-one or maybe with 3 people, like Dan, Hoods, and I did once. It was the best and longest-lasting conversations I've had with more than one HL person at a time in a long time.

With HL, if again the conversation doesn't interest me, I can just go "Oh here, I'll switch the tab and check to see if anything changed. Nope. -keymashes-". It's also more of a choice on here. You can enter and exit as you please. AIM forces it on you, with those stupid notifications, and you can't close it without losing track of your other conversations.

I mean, god forbid you take two seconds to click a tab and check, maybe stay alive a little? I can understand if there's computer issues or you forget but really.. idklol
Honestly for me, it doesn't bother me at all. All it does is bounce up and down on the dock at the base of my screen, and I can ignore it if I wish. Also, if I'm on the internet/MSN/Word/etc, I can easily just cmd+tab over to AIM and see what the fuck's going on - if I'm multitasking while on the CB, it's a lot harder to get to the CB, especially when I have fifty tabs/windows open, just to see "dafjdksfn". So I just stop going there. AIM is convenient because I'm aware when there's a new message. And also, if I'm playing a game, I can just let AIM sit there until I get to a point where I can switch over, or cmd+tab a quick 'brb' message. It's not that easy to shift tabs in the middle of a game, plus I can still see what's going on with it while I talk. With the CB, I can't see the game, and if I leave it, it'll sign me out and people won't know I'm there. I also like AIM's ability to participate in a group convo and multiple single convos at once, in the one thing - the CB is only group chats. So it's a lot easier to just run AIM, than AIM and the CB.

I don't know what your problem is with the fonts. o.O They're all different colours for me.

If you don't want to be a part of the group convo at a given time, click the 'Ignore' button, rather than the 'Block' button. I do it all the time. x)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bored.com
Smoke
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 488
Age : 23
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 am

you can disable the annoying alerts
Back to top Go down
Din Viesel
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 779
Age : 25
Place you are be : IT'S A PLACE SOMEWHERE IDK I THINK IT HAS A ROOF MAYBE
Warnings :
69 / 10069 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-19

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: WAIT WAIT WAIT CAN I HAVE MY CHEAT SHEET I MEAN LIKE MAN I DIDN'T STUDY

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 am

ia @ Dan and Danni (lol the dans hurp durp)

i've already said i tend to forget about tabs, usually because i'm reading a fic, tumblin' or have too many tabs open at the time
also i tend to just... get up and leave the computer sometimes, without any "brb/bbl/gtg", and go lie on the couch and watch tv or play games lmao

that is where aim comes in handy: i don't miss any convo and i can Epic Mickey to my heart's content

and sometimes, tbh, if you're all on the cb & i don't feel like cb'ing for whatever reason, i just skip talking to you guys altogether and... text allie or ich or someone i know i can reach

CASE IN POINT (or is it case and point? i don't) i'm probably only gonna be on the cb if i REALLY REALLY REALLY have to be
if i can get away with aim'ing, i will
/lazy

/UNPOPULAR OPINION POST i think
Back to top Go down
Hime
Chris Brown
Chris Brown
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 483
Age : 23
Place you are be : the pants of my 2d husbandos
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Charrie Displayz
lol Character: 5

PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am

pretty much this.@tira
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does this site exist anymore? o3o   

Back to top Go down
 
Does this site exist anymore? o3o
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New stereo sales web site > http://stereolist.com/
» great fabric site!!!!
» great tube info site!!
» HIGHLIGHT: Brand new Sailor Moon site Isshou-ni.net!
» Ambroid, it does exist!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hackers League :: Random Fun~ X3 :: I CAN HAS RANT PRZ-
Jump to: